With more than a thousand images posted every each second Instagram account are a target for hackers who are looking to increase their the reach of their scams. This article will show you how to restore a compromised Instagram accounts.
Instagram, which has more than one billion users active monthly is the largest social media platform. It’s no wonder that the platform is a target for fraudsters and hackers.
Hacked Instagram Account
- If you notice posts on your walls that you haven’t posted, or another activities on your account you didn’t perform.
- You’re no longer able access your account, and you continue to receive an error message stating Wrong account password warning.
- If you receive the email of Instagram security, advising you of modifications made to the email address associated with your account, but you haven’t changed anything, then hey! It’s a sign that you’ve been hacked. This means that someone wants to block you to your bank account. The quickest way to stop this is to click reverse this change within the mail.
How To Recover An Instagram Account That Was Hacked
If you’re late and your password was changed it is possible to reset your password on your account to be able to login to your account once more.
One of the most recent methods to confirm ownership and retrieve accounts that have been hacked is to use the login link. You may have seen it before on Facebook before, and it’s the same with Instagram. Login links are an unique URL generated upon request. It allows users to login to the account without having to enter having to enter a password. This is an ideal possibility if your account password has changed. Your login information will go to the email or the phone number associated with the account. Instagram account.
- Open Instagram. Web browser or mobile, anyone works just fine.
- Be sure you are on the login page for an existing account and not the sign-up page for creating a new account.
- Now click on get help logging in below the space for inputting your credentials. Depending on your mobile OS, it might be different. On iOS you will see forgot password instead, above the login button. Click on it.
- Click on username or phone
- On the next window, find your account by entering the email address, phone number, or username that is linked to your hacked account, then click on next.
- The next window will show options on how you want to receive the login. Click on Send an email if you want it sent to your email address, or send an SMS if you want it sent to your phone number.
- Now click on the link in the email or SMS sent to you and you will be logged into your account directly.
how do you change your instagram password when hacked
The best way to protect your account when you discover anomalies on your account that could be being done by hackers should be to alter your password. Anyone who has your password could perform a variety of modifications to your account, and possibly take everything off which claims to be yours. The earlier you can change your password the more secure.
- Log in to your account on Instagram via mobile or web.
- By default when you open Instagram, it usually opens on the home tab where you see the feeds and stories from all the accounts you are following. Switch to the profile tab by clicking on the circle containing your profile picture at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- On the profile tab, click the options button, three equal and equidistant horizontal lines, at the top right corner of the profile screen.
- Click on settings on the slide-up menu that appears at the bottom half.
- Select Security on the settings menu.
- Now click on Password.
- On the next window, in the spaces provided, enter your current account password to prove you are the account owner about to make changes. Then enter the new password you want to change to, twice to ensure there are no mistakes.
- Now click the tick at the top corner to confirm changes.
How Do I Secure My Instagram Account
The most effective method of protection, for this instance is a stronger defense. It is not advisable to try hacking into another account to protect your own it would be a mistake and pointless. Be aware of the latest security features and making use of the latest security measures is the best method to protect your account. Below are the methods to secure the security of your Instagram account to protect your account from being compromised.
- Avoid clicking on links that you are not sure of.
- Log out of suspicious devices.
- Verify emails requesting you to change your password come from Instagram. Phishing attacks can come like face emails looking just like the real thing and hackers can get your details from such.
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication.
- Review your login activity and remove untrusted devices.
How To verify Emails From Instagram
Emails from Instagram is a security feature Instagram has to combat phishing attacks. To verify your emails before taking any action follow the steps below.
- Go to settings and select Security.
- On the Security menu, click on Emails from Instagram. You will see a list of emails sent by Instagram to your email address within the past 14 days.
Now you can compare what you have with what is in your email inbox. If it doesn’t match, then you should delete that email.
How To Enable Two-Factor Authentication On Instagram
- On the Security menu, click on Two-factor Authentication.
- Click on the blue Get Started button at the bottom of the next window.
- The next window shows 3 different options to choose from on how to receive your special login code – via an Authentication app, via WhatsApp and SMS. Toggle-select the option that is convenient for you and a confirmation code will be sent immediately to you via the option you choose.
- Enter the 6 digit confirmation code you received in the next window and click on next to complete Two-factor authentication settings.
Instagram Two-Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication is an innovative safety feature which makes it virtually impossible to access your account. When it is enabled, login to your account requires more than your password. Even if hackers is able to hack your password without the next security factor for verification of ownership such as a code, they will not be able to gain access to your account.
How Does Instagram Two-Factor Authentication Work
When you successfully log in to an Instagram account on a device, the platform takes note of the device and marks it as a trusted or recognized device. Whenever an attempt is made to log in to the Instagram account from a device that is new and not recognized, with Two-factor authentication enabled, you will be required to input a special login code after entering the correct password.