How To Save Web Page As Pdf On Iphone – Did you ever come across a web page that you want to save as PDF file on your iPhone/iPad locally? There are a lot of resources and articles available on the internet on almost every topic. You might need to save a web page for research purpose or just for reading it later offline. Apart from that, other reasons could be to download your admit card or flight ticket.
Saving a web page as PDF will keep the layout original as you view it on the browser. It will also save the pictures so you get the exact copy of the web page. PDF is a portable document format which means your webpage document will appear same on all devices and apps. This also makes it easy to share the file with anyone or print it out as hard copy.
If we talk about Android, you can easily save a web page as PDF on your smartphone with the print feature on Google Chrome. iPhone, on the other hand, doesn’t have any easy method for this task. In this guide, we have shared two ways that you can use to save a webpage as PDF file on your iPhone with the built-in Safari browser or Google Chrome.
How To Save Web Page As Pdf On Iphone
- Open the Safari app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Visit the web page you want to download as a PDF file. Wait until it is loaded fully.
- Tap the share button (a small square with an arrow pointing upward) from the navigation menu at the bottom. It’s available right in the center as shown in the below picture. Clicking on this button will make a box pop up where you will see various options to share the web page.
- Swipe up to expand the pop up box and then click Markup option at the bottom. This feature allows you to draw and add text over the web page.
- Click Done option at the top-left corner on the screen.
- Choose Save File To… option from the dialog box that appear afterwards. Now you can choose the location where you want to save the PDF file on your iPhone. You can save it to the Downloads folder in On My iPhone. By default, the PDF file is named after Safari with the date and time information when you are saving it. You can change this file name if you want.
- Finally, tap the Save option at the top-right corner to save the web page as PDF file on your iPhone. Once it’s done, you can access the PDF from the Files app.
If you want to send the web page as PDF file to someone, you can directly do that from the 3rd step. Simply, choose the app (WhatsApp, for example) or any user from your recent contacts where you want to send it. By clicking on Options, you can choose PDF as your default format. It is set to Automatic which pick the most suitable format for each app or action.
How To Save Web Page As Pdf In Chrome
Chrome is another popular browser for iPhone which is a product of Google. Some people don’t like Safari and instead they prefer using Chrome on their iPhone. Google Chrome can also help you download any web page as PDF file. This can be done by using the print feature. Here are the steps that you need to follow to save a web page as PDF with Google Chrome on iPhone/iPad –
- Open the Google Chrome app on your iPhone.
- Visit the website or web page you want to save as PDF. You can enter the link in the URL tab directly or search it on Google. Make sure that web page is fully loaded.
- Tap the share icon at the top-right corner on the screen. It’s a small box with an arrow pointing up. Now this will open a pop up window from the bottom.
- Scroll up the screen and click on Print option.
- Long-press on the preview of the web page. Doing this will zoom it a little bit.
- Tap the preview again and then click the share icon at the top-right corner.
- Now click Save to Files option.
- Choose the location where you want to save it and rename the file (optional).
- Finally, tap the Save option at the top-right corner and that’s it.
Here are few articles we have published on PDF file. They might be useful for you