How Do I Stop Videos Playing Automatically On Facebook,how do u stop videos automatically playing on facebook
Autoplaying videos have their place, but can easily become annoying. That’s when it’s time to learn how to stop videos from automatically playing on Facebook,your data subscription plan is not only made for facebook to zap it off
Getting it done is easily accomplished — you’ll just need to log into Facebook and get to the right settings page.
Here’s what you need to know to stop videos from automatically playing on Facebook’s desktop version, as well as on the iPhone and Android mobile apps.
If you’re in the mood to zone out in front of a laptop for a moment, autoplaying videos on Facebook can be a perfect way to do so. However, they can be inconvenient because they consume data, make noisy noises, and even slow down your machine.
Whatever your reason, there’s no shame in wanting to turn autoplay off for good. Luckily, there are ways to turn off the autoplay option for Facebook videos, no matter how you use the site.
How To Automatically Play Video On Facebook
Again, you’ll need to be logged into your Facebook account for this to work. Here’s how to turn of video auto-play through your Android’s Facebook app:
How To Stop Automatic Video Play On Facebook Android
- Open your Facebook app.
- Tap the three stacked lines at the top of the screen.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” followed by “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap “Media and Contacts.”
- Select “Autoplay.”
- Choose “Never Autoplay Videos.”
For both Android and iPhone users, you’ll also be able to set videos to autoplay “On Mobile Data and Wi-Fi Connections” or “On Wi-Fi Connections Only” from that final screen.
How To Make Facebook Videos Not Play Automatically On Iphone
Since this process goes through your mobile app, you’ll need to be logged in to your Facebook account to disable autoplay. Provided you’re logged in, here’s how to turn it off:
- Open your Facebook app.
- Tap the three vertical lines at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap “Settings and Privacy” and then “Settings.”
- Scroll down again to “Media and Contacts” and then tap “Videos and Photos.”
- Tap “Autoplay” and select “Never Autoplay Videos” to turn off auto-play.
How To Stop Videos Automatically Playing On Facebook App
This will only take a minute on Desktop users
- Log into Facebook.
- Click the downward-facing arrow in the top toolbar and click “Settings.”
- Click the “Videos” option in the toolbar on the right side of the screen.
- Next to “Auto-play videos,” select “Off” from the drop-down menu.
From there, you can also change the default video quality, as well as turning on or off the video captions option.